Recipe: Bowl Full of Goodness
Treat yourself to this bowl full of goodness shared with you from Twickenham's Executive Head Chef, Thomas Rhodes.
Don't forget to send in your creations to our socials, scroll down and click 'Follow Us'.
BLACK BEAN BALLS, TOMATO SAUCE AND PASTA
Ingredients (Serves 2):
150g red onion
400g black beans (cooked from a tin)
4 cloves garlic
4 pinches dried oregano
30g plain flour
400g chopped tomato
15g vegetable oil
Salt and pepper
Nutrition per portion:
1. Fine dice the onion
2. Pan fry the onion over medium heat in half the oil for 2 minutes until soft.
3. Add the black beans, including the liquid from the tin.
4. Crush the garlic, add garlic and ½ oregano into the bean mix.
5. Season with salt and pepper.
6. Reduce to a simmer, cook for 7 minutes (until the liquid has evaporated).
7. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
8. Add the flour, mixing and crushing the beans mix. Form this into 10 balls
9. Add the other half of the oil to a pan, pan-fry the balls until they start to brown, and then add the chopped tomatoes.
10. Reduce to a simmer, cook for 15 minutes.
11. Boil salty water and add the pasta, cook for 5 minutes until slight bite.
12. Serve in a bowl and top with the remaining oregano.