Transport Update: Army v Navy fixtures at Twickenham Stadium
The Army v Navy fixtures at Twickenham Stadium on Saturday 13 May will go ahead as planned despite industrial action on the rail network.
There will be significantly fewer trains operating than usual and you will need to leave additional time for your journey. London Underground and Overground will be operating as normal but are expected to be busier than usual. Please check National Rail Enquiries and Transport for London before starting your journey.
As well as securing additional train services before and after the matches, thanks to support from South Western Railway, significant additional car parking and shuttle bus capacity has also been provided. Ticket holders are asked to consider using car parks, particularly those travelling from the West as there are no train services beyond Staines to Ascot and Reading all day. Car parking options and booking are available.
Below is a summary of the transport provision both before and after the matches.
• There will be a core service of two trains per hour into Twickenham Railway Station from Waterloo up to 18:30.
• Between 11:10 and 13:35 a total of 14 trains will run from Waterloo to Twickenham.
• Two trains per hour from Windsor & Eton Riverside to Twickenham. There is no train service beyond Staines to Ascot and Reading all day.
• 20 RFU shuttle buses from both Hounslow and Richmond to link up with London Underground and Overground services.
Additional car parking
• Please note that the women's match KO is 16:45 with an approximate finish time between 18:20-30.
• A total of 18 trains between 15:45 and 18:30 from Twickenham Train Station to Waterloo. At 18:30 Twickenham Rail Station will close, to assist with this bars will close at 17.30.
• Two trains per hour from Twickenham to Windsor & Eton Riverside until 18:30.
• 20 RFU shuttle buses to both Hounslow and Richmond to link up with London Underground and Overground services.
• Details are available of the train provision during the strikes on South Western Railway which runs the service into Twickenham and Richmond stations.
Thank you for your co-operation and support. We look forward to seeing you at Twickenham Stadium for the game.