Jones names team for Tonga Test
Eddie Jones has named the England team for this weekend's Test match against Tonga. England will open their Autumn Nations Series campaign on Saturday at Twickenham Stadium (3.15pm KO).
Owen Farrell will captain the side at fly half.
Tom Curry (No.8), Ellis Genge (loose-head prop) and Courtney Lawes (blind-side flanker) have been named England vice-captains for the Autumn Nations Series and are all starters against Tonga.
Manu Tuilagi makes his first appearance for England since March 2020, after coming back from injury, at inside centre and Henry Slade is outside centre.
Jonny May (left) and Adam Radwan (right), in his second England appearance, will be on the wings. Freddie Steward is full back and Ben Youngs (scrum half) is set to earn his 110th cap for England.
Kyle Sinckler (tighthead) joins hooker Jamie George, alongside locks Maro Itoje and Jonny Hill to complete the tight-five, while Sam Underhill will be open-side flanker.
Alex Mitchell could make his England debut after being named among the finishers. Elsewhere Jamie Blamire, Alex Dombrandt and Marcus Smith could add to the caps they achieved for the first time this summer. Joe Marler, Will Stuart, Charlie Ewels and George Furbank make up the finishers.
Jones said: "We've had two good preparation camps in Jersey and Pennyhill Park, worked really hard and we're ready for a tough, physical game.
"We respect Tonga greatly and we know that with props like Siegfried Fisi'ihoi and Ben Tameifuna, we are going to have to go in the front door before the back door."
"We're especially looking forward to getting back out in front of a full crowd at Twickenham and playing some entertaining, exciting rugby for all of the supporters, we can't wait to have them back."
Following the Tonga fixture, England will then take on Australia on Saturday 13 November (5.30pm KO) and world champions South Africa (Saturday 20 November 3.15pm KO). All matches are at Twickenham Stadium and are live on Amazon Prime Sport and TalkSPORT.
ENGLAND XV STARTERS
15. Freddie Steward (Leicester Tigers, 2 caps)\
14. Adam Radwan (Newcastle Falcons, 1 cap)
13. Henry Slade (Exeter Chiefs, 40 caps)
12. Manu Tuilagi (Sale Sharks, 43 caps)
11. Jonny May (Gloucester Rugby, 66 caps)
10. Owen Farrell (Saracens, 93 caps)
9. Ben Youngs (Leicester Tigers, 109 caps)
1. Ellis Genge (Leicester Tigers, 30 caps)
2. Jamie George (Saracens, 59 caps)
3. Kyle Sinckler (Bristol Bears, 44 caps)
4. Maro Itoje (Saracens, 48 caps)
5. Jonny Hill (Exeter Chiefs, 9 caps)
6. Courtney Lawes (Northampton Saints, 87 caps)
7. Sam Underhill (Bath Rugby, 24 caps)
8. Tom Curry (Sale Sharks, 33 caps)
16. Jamie Blamire (Newcastle Falcons, 2 caps)
17. Joe Marler (Harlequins, 72 caps)
18. Will Stuart (Bath Rugby, 12 caps)
19. Charlie Ewels (Bath Rugby, 23 caps)
20. Alex Dombrandt (Harlequins, 1 cap)
21. Alex Mitchell (Northampton Saints, uncapped)
22. Marcus Smith (Harlequins, 2 caps)
23. George Furbank (Northampton Saints, 4 caps)