Melt in the mouth roasted leg of lamb
Roast lamb has been the traditional meal of Easter Sunday and there's nothing quite like sitting around the table with friends and family to enjoy a Sunday roast. Our Executive Head Chef Thomas Rhodes has shared his simple but delicious recipe to get the perfect roasted leg of lamb.
2kg leg of lamb boned (ask butcher to bone and roll)
4 sprigs thyme
4 sprigs Rosemary
6 black peppercorns - crushed
1 teaspoon sea salt
5 cloves garlic
1. Pre heat oven to 250°c
2. Lightly score top surface of lamb
3. Blend butter, garlic, herbs in food processor
4. Rub butter and herb mix all over lamb and season with salt and pepper. Place lamb on cooling rack in roasting tray
5. Roast in oven for 1 hour or until centre temperature is 45°c
6. Rest for 15 minutes before carving
7. Enjoy as part of an Easter Sunday roast.